Tuesday, February 8, 2011

BiPAP Machine


JOY SCALE: 16/10

Hello Everyone, My sleep study with the CPAP was moved up from February 7, 2011 to December 16, 2010. A few days ago I picked up a brand new state of the art BiPAP machine. It is similar to a CPAP. The results from my last sleep study using the CPAP showed that I needed the BiPAP because of breathing pressure differences. I found out that I stopped breathing during the night approximately 140 times! Wow that is a lot. Here I am with a BiPAP that is supposed to help me get more oxygen when I am sleeping and it even helps me breath if I stop breathing. I'm not sure how long I have had sleep apnea, but I can be sure that my daily morphine intake for the last three years has made it worse. Morphine slows downs your respiratory system. When I woke up this morning I felt much more rested and energetic. I know that after a few more nights of wearing the BiPAP that I will feel even better when I wake up. Isn't modern technology great?
On the cancer front I feel great. I am still losing weight, but it has slowed down and now I weigh around 150 pounds which is an ideal weight for my body size. I keep busy with our small farm and other things around our home. Keeping busy is a very good thing to do. It keeps your mind off of cancer.
Keep thinking posiive. The mind is a powerful organ.
Peace and Love

2 comments:

  1. How are you feeling now? Do you still feel more rested? Sending love to you and KM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, This is Holly. It is signing in from my mom's account from when she used my computer at Christmas! Judith is my mommy : )

    ReplyDelete