Saturday, November 7, 2009

Treatment Changes


JOY SCALE: 9/10
Hi, Thursday I had an appointment at the VA for my 3 month hormone injection. The hormone was called Zoladex which is an anti-androgen. In other words the hormone stops the production of my testosterone. Prostate cancer feeds on testosterone. The injection nurse notifies me that there will be a change in my hormone meds. The VA went back to a hormone called Lupron. It is very much similar to Zoladex, but with a couple of different side effects. The side effects are swelling of the hands and feet and numbness of the hands and feet. Of course I could experience some of the other side effects such as nausea, blurred vision, etc, but hopefully I won't. The other difference is that the Lupron only needs to be injected every 6 months whereas the Zoladex was every 3 months. That doesn't make a difference to me because I live 2 miles from the VA, but for those that have to travel a long way it will be a blessing. So far I haven't felt much difference with the hormone change. Great news, my PSA is 0.02!!! Yeah.
Tonight I took my beautiful wife to a concert at the Schuster Center. All is well at the homefront.
Peace and Love to All

No comments:

Post a Comment