Saturday, August 15, 2009

Questions to Ask Your Doctor


JOY SCALE: 10/10
Good Morning Everyone,
I thought I would post a few questions you should ask your doctor about prostate cancer:

1. What additional tests do you recommend?

2. What is the clinical stage and Gleason score (grade) of my cancer? What do those mean in my case?

3. What is my expected survival rate based on clinical stage, grade, and various treatment options?

4. Should I consider watchful waiting as an option? Why or why not?

5. What other treatments might be appropriate for me? Why?

6. Among those treatments what are the risks or side effects that I should expect?

These are just some of the questions you should consider asking your doctor. You should come up with some of your own as well. For example you might want to ask about second opinions or about clinical trials.

That's it for today. Breathe deeply and give your belly a big laugh.

Peace and Love to All

No comments:

Post a Comment