Monday, August 3, 2009

Sleep Talk


JOY SCALE:10/10
Hi Everyone, I hope this post finds you all enjoying the Summer. You have read my posts about getting adequate sleep. We are all different and our sleep habits are different as well. Back in the agricultural days most every one's sleep habits revolved around the sun. Today life is much more diverse and the 24/7 life has taken over our lives much more than the sun. Considering our differences we all have to find the right amount of sleep for our own needs. Once the amount of sleep is established the time to get it needs to be determined. A regular pattern is the best way to achieved the proper amount of sleep. Some people would recommend that you go to bed at 11 pm and get up at 7am. I believe that it doesn't make any difference when you go to bed as long as you get the required amount of sleep.For example: If I need 8 hours of sleep I can decide to go to bed anytime as long as I get my 8 hours of sleep. If I go to bed at 1 am I should sleep until 9 am to achieve my 8 hours and I should try to maintain my schedule until it becomes a habit. Another example: Let's say I go to bed at 3am. I need to sleep until 11am to get my 8 hours of sleep. One last example: if I go to bed at 9 am I should get up at 6 am. OK enough of this sleep talk. It makes me tired. If anyone has any other ideas about sleep please let me know.
Breathe deep and laugh hard.
Peace and Love to All

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're getting on a regular sleep routine! YAY!! Glad to hear that... it really makes a HUGE difference!!

    Hugs,
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a comment....of course! I have two actually. First, I like to spend time with you, so if we are on totally different sleep schedules then we are missing out on time together in the day. Plus I like to fall alseep with you beside me.
    Secondly, you have had a history of losing track of time and for a number of nights in a row going to sleep at a very late hour and getting up early, which had bad consequences. So I do not trust that you will go to bed ever! This has put me in the position of sleep monitor, which is a position I DO NOT want to have. But someone has to do it or you go out of control. Any ideas? I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope thank you for your kind words.
    Karen thank you for your input. I don't think you realize that I have been going to bed right after you do. I am trying to establish a consistent pattern. I think you have mistakenly thought that in my post I was talking about my attempt to establish my sleep pattern. Those example were for anyone that wanted to try out those times. I DO NOT want, nor need, you to be my sleep monitor. I want you to just LOVE ME for who I am and let me grow at my own pace. I love you and I always encourage you when you are growing or doing something new. After all when we are a couple in love one of the many neat things to enjoy is how each of us use different ways to get to the same place. As a couple in love we are lucky to share many similarities as well as differences. It's what makes us whole and stronger. I am sure you have more ideas. :O)
    I love you like there is no tomorrow. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete