Saturday, June 20, 2009

What you Eat


JOY SCALE: 9/10
Hi Everyone, This humorous picture sets the tone for my next topic when you are living with prostate cancer-Diet. Common sense prevails what you put in your body. There are many people out there say they have the perfect diet for you. A variety of fruits and vegetables along with some protein garnered from beans, rice, nuts, pasta, and breads contribute to the ideal diet if you have cancer. As a matter of fact it is a great diet for anyone because it also prevents cancer. Animal protein is not good because studies have found that the protein feeds the cancer. There is an informative book called The China Study by T. Colin Campbell that investigates why a good diet helps both in the prevention and in the fighting of cancer. I personally have started to switch to this diet thanks to my lovey wife. I have found that I really don't miss many of the bad foods. It is just a matter of substitution. Replace good food for the bad. Once in a while a bad food like a hamburger or steak won't do much harm as long as it is not very often. Currently the food manufacturers have made hugh inroads to creating excellent veggie burgers, Italian veggie sausages, veggie breakfast links, etc. Just about anything out there is made with the veggie ingredient which is usually soy based. Here is a funny story about veggie line. Believe it or not the veggie line of foods tastes very good. My wife tricked me by giving me what I thought was Italian sausage in a bun with sauteed mushrooms and onions. It was delicious. Then my wife informed me that the sausage was a Italian veggie sausage. I was tricked, but in a nice way. Now I like those sausages.
Peace and Love to All

No comments:

Post a Comment