Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Still Flying High


JOY SCALE: 10/10
Hi Everyone, I'm still flying high from my camping trip. I am sure the residual energy from spending all that time outdoors with Mother Nature and my Grandkids will stay with me for quite a while.
I put this cat picture up because I am OCD and I share the kitty's frustration with crooked pictures. When I was a young lad OCD wasn't recognized at all. There were many of us OCD adults and children populating the world adapting to life without the use of drugs. Today drugs are the main treatment for Disorders. I am thankful that I wasn't plied with drugs to treat my OCD. Why? No drugs for my OCD helped me adjust to life's problems in a natural way. i followed my OCD heart. If a picture was crooked I straightened it. If the clothes in my closet were a mess I lined them up with various schemes such as by color or by type of clothing. If my room was messy I organized it until I was satisfied it was right. What I am trying to say is that growing up with OCD and naturally adjusting to it has helped me to be resourceful and adaptive in my life. I am sure that it is the same for all the other OCD people out there from my time and beyond. If you look hard enough you will see that there is always good from bad. That's how I look at my Prostate Cancer. There are many good things that have come out of this cancer. One being my appreciation of moments instead of saying that next week I will have fun doing..... Another is my adaptation skills have improved many fold because of all the changes that I am going through and have gone through. There are a few more good things, but I have already made this post longer than I wanted.
That is it for this post. Don't forget to laugh hard and look for the good.
Peace and Love to All

No comments:

Post a Comment